Is there anything better than city sighting and coincidence of calories? “Rent a bike” is a perfect service for all those who want an active holiday.
On your travels you can visit various states, cities or places, and you also have a “sedentary” way of rest, or just stay in one place. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages and, of course, it depends on the individual.
Yet, both have something in common, which is exploring and getting to know the area where you are staying. We believe that the few who will travel in the hotel rooms and watch the television program are rare. Actually, he travels and goes to meet other places, a different lifestyle, another culture.
The question is: do you want to be in the crowded public transport and pay for expensive taxi services or would you rather have a two-wheel drive with the intensity that suits you?
You will all agree with this other one.
But, of course, you need a bike.
Do not shake your head immediately! We have a solution! Forget the additional costs of bicycle transportation, especially if you travel on a destination organized, in the group. Also, we advise you not to bother looking for an ideal bike rack that you will set up on a car, and all four family bikes will fit.
Isn´t that a bit too much for a trip?
If you choose to vacation in the middle Adriatic, we recommend you rent a bike in Omiš, primarily because of a well-developed cycle track network and therefore the variety of opportunities offered to you.
Why not use bicycle rental services? You do not have to wear any of your equipment on your trip because you can rent everything in one place.
There is also the most famous store in Omis which deals with bicycle rental. There you can find bikes for all ages as well as for different driving modes. Men, women’s and children’s mountain bikes are at your disposal.
In addition, bicycles are also distinguished by a wide range of gears, ie the ability to achieve maximum speeds in a flat area and overcoming the climb. For city driving and city sightseeing, the city bikes will best suit you. For lovers of true mountain and forest terrain there are more quality and robust mountain bikes with which you will successfully overcome all obstacles.
All bicycles have an adjustable seat and come in several different sizes (frames). Then, they also differ in additional features such as a hand brake, a towing brake or a wheelbase difference. You can also choose the seat hardness.
It is important to note that when renting a bicycle you also get the relevant equipment (helmet) and spare parts for bicycles such as spare tire, pump, water bottle holder, etc.
All bicycles which are used to rent go through a regular service to meet all standards of safe and quality driving.
Take advantage of bicycle rental services and spend an unforgettable summer exploring hidden and picturesque places and huts. Enjoy the natural beauty, the richness of the forest, the fresh air and the good company!
Why would not you worry about caring about your own bicycle transport home, along with it, and just go with goodwill, cycling clothing and the most interesting biking routes?
Bicycle trails in Omiš and around it
The most famous bicycle routes in this part of Croatia are:
– Kostanje-Gata-Zakučac: the length of the track is 43 km and the climb is 877 m. The trail is mostly asphalted, but part of the road is macadam and rocky hillside.
– Imber; Omiš – Borak – Sklonište Imber – Podašpilje – Radman Mill – Omiš: the length of the trail is 17 km and climb 914 m. This is a somewhat more demanding path for rocky and uneven terrain and driving along the slopes.
– Omiški đir; Omiš-Radman Mill-Kučiće-Pavića most-Podgrađe-Zvečanje-Čišla-Gata-Omiš: The track is 42 km long and the climb is 734 m. The path is completely asphalted, although there are some macadam stacks. Likewise, precisely because of this it is not demanding; there is only one extremely steep downfall that will only afford you a low dose of adrenaline.
– Mosor: Dubrava – Gata – Zvečanje – Dubrava: The track is 36 km long and the climb is 816 m. The trail is ideal for all mountain bike enthusiasts. The first part of the track is asphalted and serves for “warming up”. After that, there is a real fun and enjoyment on two wheels!
5 Reasons to leave a car or miss a bus and explore the city on a bicycle
1. You will see a lot more: you might actually enjoy the crowd on the roads and are pleased with the opportunities offered to you by the comfort of your car. But this can not be compared to getting to know the city on a bicycle. When you ride bikes around the city, you only need a few minutes from one attraction or interesting to the other.
There is no unnecessary search for a parking space, there is no traffic jam, no matter who or what, just about you and your desires and possibilities. So, if you want to get to know the city by car, you can only see it as much as you can with window glass. And, of course, the crowd on the road. Driving on two wheels gives you much more than looking out the window.
You will pass beside the beautiful and unique façades of old houses, local shops, you will feel the scents of local cuisine and traditional specialties, talk to the local people and see different people. All this will broaden your vision and create a lot more features.
2. Your own timetable: if you rely solely on public transport to go to the city, you will lose too much time waiting. Or you will try to customize the city tour plan for driving schedules. But be assured that you will then have half less time for everything you have imagined.
3. Good aerobic activity: Bicycle riding brings numerous benefits to individual health. This is an excellent aerobic activity that improves the work of the heart and blood vessels. In addition, pedaling strengthens and shapes the muscles of the leg and the buttocks, but also the shoulder belt and arm, to relieve the balance maintenance bikes.
4. Ecologically acceptable means: a bicycle is an environmentally friendly mean of transport; without fuel and without releasing any harmful gases. If we want to preserve our sea and our flora and fauna, if we care about us and future generations, it is important to reduce carbon dioxide emissions as much as possible. And this is achieved solely by using environmentally-friendly means of transport such as bicycles.
5. Acceptable price: paying fuel, finding and paying parking, the nerve around the same… All of this affects your mood and quality of driving. Why not rent a bike for the rest of your time, because everything you pay is time spent on two wheels. Get the most out of it, charge the batteries and go home with a smile!